We’re walking here!
Wellington is the premier place to walk in New Zealand. Ellen Blake of Living Streets Aotearoa invites us all to Walk To Work Day today 13th March – you’ll be in good company on the footpaths!
Wellington may have a way to go but we are the best nationwide. We have NZ’s highest rates of people walking all the way to work, many schools where more than half the kids walk to school, and strong public transport (still!) which gets you a walk too.
Living Streets Aotearoa invites you all to join us on the 13th of March for Walk2Work Day celebrations! Everyone is invited, the more, the merrier! It’s very simple:
– Take your favourite walk to work
– Walk with the kids to school
– Hop off the bus or train a couple of stops earlier and walk to work – that counts
– Park your car further from your destination and walk – that counts, too
– Use the stairs, and you are celebrating walking with us
– Walk to the shop or cafe
– An extra step for dedicated walkers: post a photo of you walking in social media and be in the draw to win one of our t-shirts!
Please use some of the following hashtags so we could find your photos: #Walk2WorkNZ, #Walk2WorkDayNZ, #Walk2Work, #Walk2WorkDay. The giveaway will run until 14th of March – the more creative images you post, the higher are your chances to win.
Let’s Walk2Work together today 13th of March. See you on the footpath!
- Banner –
- Billboard – Auckland Transport